Monday, March 30, 2020

WELCOME MODERATOR

NATHAN FOSTER
CANDIDATE NUMBER 1623
CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL

Welcome to my blog!


I worked with MAX RAGAN 1636 and CHARLES GORDON 1626

Our brief was to create a short film, accompanied by a film wesbite. The title of our short film is 'Down and Out' and the genre is horror. The main blog roll includes my construction, planning and research work. The pages at the top of my blog are to navigate to other areas of my work. My work will appear in reverse order (most recent post first etc). To present my work creatively, I have used a wide variety of platforms and tools. These include; Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Adobe after effects, Scoopit!, Piktochart, Final Cut Pro X, Slideshare, Canva, Prezi and Visme.


Editing

When it came to editing I did not as big a role as others. Although having previous experience with Final Cut Pro I was assigned with finding the best sound effects and music to use. Following conventions of a horror film it was essential we had lots of intricate sounds to enhance the effect, one function that proved useful was sound scapes, where sound builds rapidly to create tension.

Directing

When it comes to directing, we split this role up depending on what we were doing in order to utilise our specialities. However, for me, I had a heavy influence of the directing within filming and editing. For the main part, I took control over constructing the perfect shot: from the right angle, height and time. This allowed us to collate lots of quality footage making the editing process relatively easy.

Camerawork

Closely related to directing, camerawork was extremely important to consider, especially due to the fact that we were creating a horror short. The use of close ups and interesting angles which are not typically scene in other films such as worm's eye view are important as they add to the quirkiness of the horror. As a team we came together to think of the best camerawork possible, therefore this role was shared among all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment